Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Music In My Mind!

Music has always been there for me. I listen to all music and what I listen to depends on the mood I am in. I will listen to certain music to help change my mood also or supplement whatever it is I might be doing. When I work out, it is certain music. When I drive other music. When I write, who knows what I might have playing.  I find sometimes listening to dark music makes me happy. Happy music calms me down. Today I found myself wanting to listen to things on the groovy side. A song will pop into my head that I must listen to at that moment. Today, the song was "Smooth Operator" - Sade. What a great song. I love the passion, tempo and feeling it has. It is very sexy, smooth and groovy. If you have never heard this song, give it a go. If you have heard it before, I am willing to bet it has been a while since you grooved to it. This song is pretty old, I can imagine some of the stories you could tell when you first heard it.  I listen to it a couple more times, then move on to another. In my mind is a guitar playing and I can't get it out of my head. I remember this awesome guitar riff as a child. I can't get it out of my head. I won't stop searching until I find it. It goes something like, bada bada bap bump bummp, buhmp buhmp. It is a very sexy guitar riff from the 70's and it has this whimsical jam session toward the end. I finally find it. The song is "From The Beginning" - Emerson, Lake and Palmer (1972) It is a relief when you find a song that has invaded your mind. What a relief! Give this a listen.

If you are a movie buff I will share this with you. The movie trailer for Terminator Genysis (2015) played a song that I instantly recognized. The song that is playing in the trailer is, "I'd Love To Change The World - Jetta" This is a great cover of a song that I have been in love with for many years! If you love this song by Jetta, please pay tribute and give a listen to the original by the guys ahead of their time "I'd Love To Change The World"- Ten Years After (1971).

Now I must share music of today that I just can't get enough of! First is, "Through The Night" (Radio Edit)" - Cedric Gervais. What a groovy jam!  Love it. I am also loving "Something About You" - Hayden Jaymes. There is something about you... Are you a freak?...Start to shake! OOOOOOOOHHHHH! Love it

I could go on forever and list so many more but this is a couple of tracks I like right now and classics I missed.

5 comments:

  1. Right now I'm in throw back mood. Pandora classic 80's and 80's love songs. Just love to listen when I'm in the bath or reading. But when I want to shake my booty I put on groove is in the heart by Delite! Love love! ♡Hugs&Loves ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm in throw back mood. Pandora classic 80's and 80's love songs. Just love to listen when I'm in the bath or reading. But when I want to shake my booty I put on groove is in the heart by Delite! Love love! ♡Hugs&Loves ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out our family current favorite! Windfall by TheFatRat. awesomesauce!!!

    ReplyDelete