Thursday, October 16, 2014

Easy Stuffed Pepper

Sometimes you just want to eat a good stuffed pepper. My problem with them is they take a while to make. If you haven't made them before maybe this will help!

I chop a red onion, some garlic and open up the pepper. Take 1 pound of ground turkey meat add it to a pan on medium high with the onion, garlic and olive oil. Then preheat the oven to 425F. In the meantime the meat, onion and garlic are cooking in the pan. Now I make quinoa per the directions on the package. When the quinoa is finished, I put it in the pan with the cooked meat and onions. Next, I add salt, pepper, oregano, red wine vinegar, and parsley. Turn the heat to low for a few more minutes. Taste your mix, season a little more if necessary.

The meat is all cooked and quinoa all mixed in. Put the mix inside the bell pepper. Now stuffed, the peppers go in the oven for about 15 minutes. You can cook them longer if you want a softer pepper etc.
Enjoy.


Ingredients:
Bell peppers- any color and as many as you need
Ground meat- I used turkey, you can use beef if you like.
Quinoa-enough to mix in with the meat evenly
Garlic
Salt & pepper
Parsley
Oregano
olive oil
Tomato
Avocado
Cheese if you want :)
I hope you give this a go!


Thank you for reading
-Jay Schuerman

1 comment: