Thursday, October 3, 2013

Me Day (Day 30)

Today I have high hopes of finishing out my week strong. My back muscles are on the menu for weight lifting with a side 61 minutes of cardio and a dash of HIIT. For the appetizer I will do core exercises. I think I will get out of bed first and stop thinking about food. I make my way to the kitchen and cook some egg whites with toast. I love this meal. I used to hate meal 1 but today it tastes amazing. When I have my portions of food, they are small compared to free range eating. I offset this by creating illusions with smaller bowls and eat small bites very slow. I also make sure to chew my food until it is unrecognizable. This way I can enjoy my food even thought the portion is smaller than what I would eat on cheat days.

Last night I prepared a great chicken dish. I took some chicken breast, with onion, garlic, peppers and apple. I then coupled it with rice. When I finished cooking this meal, I put it in a Ziploc container and stuck it in the refrigerator. I didn't even get to eat any of it. I already had my meal while I was cooking so this is for today. I made a couple of my meals today this delicious dish.


Today is not going to plan. I had high hopes of making it to the gym today. I don't think I will go. I am not talking myself out of going. I don't even feel like I am being lazy, even though I'm not going to the gym. Today I just feel like I need to rest my body. I know that I have a weekend coming up, but for some reason I need to call in sick. I don't feel bad for not going because this is a decision of need not want. I will still have my weekend and continue like normal but today I will not be going to the gym. The thing I always remember is resting is just as important as working. Not overdoing it will make the workouts better in the long run. Sometimes the rest comes unannounced and I need a me day.

Thanks for reading
-Jay

1 comment:

  1. you're progress to date is impressive! great work Jay! I watch your fam-jam's vlogs all the time :) Sam was one of the first beauty guru's I watched on youtube. keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete