Saturday, September 14, 2013

Too Sick For The Gym (Day 10)

I can't sleep, tossing, turning, coughing, sniffling. My night consisted mainly of all the horrible things associated with being sick. I want it to be morning so I can get out of bed. I would rather be awake and miserable, than try to sleep miserably. I think whatever my children had may have spawned this sickness that I am currently at war with. Finally, the sun is shining in the window. This is my cue and I'm out of bed. The day is already starting off like this, that means it can only get better.

I go to the kitchen and make my meal 1. No matter what I have for breakfast my congested head won't allow any flavor. Eating meal 1 I begin to think about going to the gym. Yesterday, I didn't go and now today I won't go. I really want to go work out but if I do I might be contagious. I would hate to get someone sick when it could of been avoided. I didn't choose to be sick today, so no guilty feelings about missing today. Although not going to the gym, and being sick is no excuse for eating badly and not drinking my water. I stick to my meals just like normal, and drink plenty of water. Today is to be treated like a day going to the gym, just too sick to make it. The blisters on my toes are thanking me when they hear my decision. I hear a sense of relief coming from the pee sized lumps on each big toe. I can't believe how quick I got blisters, now they too are getting a well deserved break.

I spend today just stretching, eating good, drinking water and resting. I will get back to the gym as soon as I feel healthy again. I don't feel it makes sense trying to be healthy when you feel unhealthy/sick. Anyone going to my gym, I hope you read this and do as I did. Stay home if you are sick, it is the right thing to do.

My workout gear for the day.

Thanks for reading
Jay

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Jay. I have a half marathon coming up in a few months so I should be training but I have had a nasty cold for the past week and am just too drained to do anything more than drag myself to work so I am also taking a break. Mine turned into a week long break so hopefully you recover quicker!

    ~Christy christytv300

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christy, I hope we can kick this sooner than later also. It never fails, I dedicate to working out then get sick as a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you feel like Poo Jay. Hopefully the fam gets over it quickly! Sounds like an enjoy the couch and watch movies day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay, you should totally try a pair of Brooks running shoes..they are a bit pricey but totally worth it. If you are gong to be working out all the time you have to take care of your feet and they help with stability!! (I know you know all that) just wanted to give you an idea of a great shoe!! Get better soon Schuerman family :)) love from Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pity your gym doesn't have a sauna.. I was sick as a dog but had a PT session so went.. afterwards I sat in the sauna for 15 mins and the next day felt so much better.. all over in 3 days instead of the usual 2 weeks.. (I'm a teacher so pick up all the germs going around)..
    Think new shoes are in order if you are getting blisters.. ouchie..

    ReplyDelete