Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Photo update! (Day 8)

I wake up this morning and can honestly say I don't feel too bad. My body doesn't ache and I feel fairly refreshed. I worry about how I will feel waking up when I lay down to go to bed. I can say that I get a little nervous wondering if I will be in a world of pain come morning. This morning, not too bad. Time to eat my first meal and get some water in me. When I drink a lot of water, I must continue drinking a lot of water, because I have stopped retaining so much. This has become a vicious cycle, the more I drink, the thirstier I get.

It is Wednesday, so to follow suit with last week I must post pics of my progress. I hope you are prepared to be amazed. Well not really, but I think weekly photos will give a great show of progress. I eat my first meal with my family. Now it is photo time. I go grab the same jeans I wore last week to keep the comparison consistent. Photos taken, now let's get the children ready and go for a walk.

We get the kids ready to go for a walk and already I am starting to feel hungry again. I don't worry about being hungry, I just think about what time I have to eat. The walk is so nice, cool and relaxed. We are just having a nice stroll with the children and dog enjoying the morning sun. I don't have the thought of skipping cardio today, like I did yesterday, because I already broke that thinking pattern. 

We get back home, unload the car, and my stomach feels a little off. I don't feel sick, but I don't feel great either. I eat my next meal of chicken and rice, then try to relax before I go to the gym. The whole morning and afternoon I just don't feel good. When I don't feel good, I don't want to go workout or do anything for that matter. I just want to take a nap and hope this stomach ache goes away. I don't think it is hunger, or dehydration, I think it is just an off stomach. I don't want to go to the gym at all, because if I do it will be a waste of time. The negative, sit around thoughts start rolling in already. It seems any time I am tired, sore, sick, etc my mind will try to talk me out of going to the gym. In the past, I would work out sick. I don't mean contagious, puking on the gym floor sick. I would hate to get someone sick because I am being stubborn. When I say "sick" I mean feeling under the weather. I go to the gym anyway and usually come out the other side feeling so much better. This isn't always true, but I can't miss a day because I am feeling sorry for myself. I decide that going to the gym under the weather and potentially feeling good after, is better than sitting here like a lump in my sorrow hoping to feel better.

I get to the gym, why am I walking so slowly? I make a deal with myself, all I will do today is 46 minutes of cardio, then I can run away. So I slowly make my way to the treadmill, input 3.5 miles per hour, incline of 4%, Nalgene bottle by my side, away I go. I am walking and drinking, drinking and walking, hoping to feel better. I stretch my legs a little, then keep going. All I can think about is getting through my 46 minute session and getting out of here. Why is this so painful? Why do I feel so blah? Who knows, who cares, I have 40 minutes to go. This is going to be a long cardio workout. I stare at a spot on the wall, music by Spotify on my iPhone, and now I day dream. I only have 10 minutes left, I feel better than when I got here. I am so happy I made myself come here and do this, otherwise I wouldn't feel any better. I don't feel 100 times better but I would say when I arrived I felt like a 3, now I feel like a 4 on a scale to 10.

I finished my 46 minutes, I am still walking in slow motion even though I feel better. But now I think I am just tired. If I didn't come to the gym, I might feel like a 3 still, so this was worth every bit of agony. 

Here are last weeks pictures, 9/4/2013, compared to today. What do you think?





Thank you for reading.
Please share 
Jay



37 comments:

  1. You have got to be kidding me results like that in 8 days thats amazing you look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Jay!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You are definitely losing weight. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look incredible Jay!! All your hard work is paying off! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you're doing great. I know how it feels when your own mind tries to convince you not to work out... -_-
    But ughhh its hard for me I have 2 kids 2 yrs and 7 months and I feel like I never have time BC I also work. But deep down in side I know i can at least go for a walk at the park. Its pure laziness lol. I need more inspiration. Hopefully I get that inspiration from your blogs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a fantastic job! I can tell that your jeans are a bit looser and the waist, and your belly has slimmed quite a bit. Your back is slimmer as well. Keep it up! I said this on Twitter, but I will say it again, thank you for telling how it really is and feels (as far as thoughts, pain, and being blah) when it comes to working out. Some people put on a brave face and try to say that they feel no pain and they can't wait to get to the gym....that is BS...haha
    I, myself, have had my struggles and am struggling with weight. I am well over 100 pounds overweight, and trying to get into the mindset to do it. Life has hit pretty hard the past few years with death of loved ones and multiple second trimester miscarriages. I am almost there, but I will be doing it at home. I refuse to go to a gym again and be stared and laughed at. I don't like going to a place where there are people that are a size 0 and look down at the fatties. You are giving me bigger inspiration to get out there and do it. I am the one that wrote on your FB wall about the Warrior Diet and working out first thing in the morning. I had a freebie workout with a trainer, and that helped immensely because I got it over and done with and didn't have time after waking up to talk myself out of it. Thank you for doing this blog, and hopefully sometime soon I can share my progress with you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makeupwithnana9/11/13, 10:50 PM

    OMG, you've lost quite a weight in 8 days, and it shows. Keep it up. So proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. in just 8 days? K, I'm convinced, I will start my change now. In the pics from the back your waist looks way smaller, I definitely want that too :) thanks for the inspiration J, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jay, I saw that you lost weight at the vlog , but i was thinking it was just my idea! but no...you did so happy for you! doing great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see a difference already, way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good Jay!! Dont give up!!!
    Remember,you were a trainer once:)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. looking good Jay!! Dont give up!!! You have inspired me to join you:)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Job Jay!!! You can see your tummy went down and the top of your back has got some...as Sam would say...more muscklesss! lol! Keep it up! :)
    <3
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You can already see the difference!
    (Maybe you can take measurements, I'm pretty sure you would be amazed by the inches you already lost!)

    Keep up the good work! You're doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Obviously , amazing !!
    Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will you give us a list of the things you've been eating for each meal...that would be so helpful to me and I'm sure others!! I can totally see a change in you! I'm sure Sam is loving it as well ;) obviously!
    You're inspiring many!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know I saw a difference in yesterday's vlog! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see a difference, Jay. Keep going, you can do this! It's hard to push through every day but you have been and you can continue. Remember the long term goal is healthy so you'll be around a very long time for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job Jay!! I see a difference already. It's a hard lifestyle to take on. I am on this path as well and each day is a battle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jay that looks amazing!! keep up the good work !! whenever you feel like not going through with your routine..just think about all of us out here...we are supporting you !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow great job Jay you're looking good! We are behind you 100% keep up the good work!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are the best Jay :D.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's amazing great job! Have you thought about trying Herbalife my husband lost 20lbs in 30 days and I lost 25lbs in 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW i'm soooo amazed!! You can see a very big difference! Your belly on the side pictures is soooo much smaller :) GREAT WORK JAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Go Jay! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Jay,

    So, I'm a long time subbie of your family vlog - like all the way back before you guys took a (well earned) break. I also used to be a PT and am a parent myself. I've recently decided I need to kick my own bootie back into shape and am going to be training for a Tough Mudder event here in Australia. I'm so happy for you that you're returning to the gym and I wanted to ask would you ever consider doing an event like that? They look like so much fun and I just need a goal, I guess. I'm going to keep a video account of my training to make myself really accountable which is a bit like you and the photos. Anyway, go you! To feel like a 4 is better than to feel like a zero. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice work Jay. You know once you get into a good routine it will be more like when you skip the gym you feel like something is wrong with your day. The first 2 weeks getting back in the gym for me sucked but now I feel like I am gonna lose my mind if I don't get in the gym at least 4 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are doing so well jay, a week in and already theres a noticeable difference so keep up the good work and stay motivated

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are doing so well jay, a week in and already theres a noticeable difference so keep up the good work and stay motivated

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow - that's quite a difference for a week! Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking great Jay!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. How much weight did you lose? Can you start telling us that week to week? please and thank you! If you have said, i missed it somehow haha.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I could tell in the vlog a few days ago that you had lost weight. Wow. Am so jealous yet proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow awsome ive always thought u were handsome guy sam is lucky good job go jay go jay go jay its ur gym day lol

    ReplyDelete
  36. awsome !! gooooddd job Jay !! nice work and stay motivated :)

    ReplyDelete