Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Photo Update (Day 22)


Last night, Sam suggested that I spray tan for my photos. 
Spray tan? Sure, sounds fun. I ask her what I have to do first. Take a shower and scrub off really well with an exfoliant. I am all scrubbed off, she tells me to rub a lotion type stuff all over my body. This lotion is VersaSpa SunlessPro Pre Tan Intensifier. It smells pleasant and rubs in very easily. I wish I could get a lotion made of this stuff. Next is the spraying part. She grabs the VersaSpa SunlessPro Tanning Bronzer spray and applies it all over my body with a very light mist. It feels like she isn't putting enough on, she said that is how you do it. A little goes a long way with instant noticeable tan. As soon as she finishes spraying it, I already look like I just returned form a tropical vacation. Amazing, it doesn't stink and I already look tan. I think this could be my new obsession. I don't have to lay in the hot sun, risk cancer to look tan, I'm hooked instantly. I wait about 15 minutes for it to dry completely, then I put on a loose shirt to wear in bed.


Now it's morning and all I can think about is how my tan looks. I hope it didn't smudge, smear, drip or get ruined in any way. I hop out of bed, take off my shirt, look in the mirror. WOW! I am darker than last night. Awesome! This tan skin will look much better in my photos.

I ask Sam if she will snap a couple of photos for todays photo update. We are excited to get them taken, loaded and compared side by side. I really want to see the difference so far and pictures are a great way to do that.

We finish with the pictures, time to load them in the computer. I start loading them and head to the kitchen to eat. I can't stop thinking about how I hope I look different. I don't want to work this hard for nothing.

My shoulders are sore from the shoulder routine on Monday. My chest is tight and swollen. I love the aftermath of a good day in the gym. Sore, swollen, tight muscles. It is a feeling I have been looking forward to feeling again.

I am eating my meal 4, before heading to the gym. Since I started my resistance training with more intensity on Monday, I need to figure out if I want to work my legs today. Leg day is brutal, it takes a lot out of you. Leg day also makes your legs hurt pretty bad. I used to do my legs on Wednesday, to break up my upper body routine. I think I will do legs on Friday from now on. My reason for this is I am not really interested in my legs hurting while I punch out 60 minutes on a treadmill 3 more times after training them. If I do my legs on Friday, that will leave me with 1 day of cardio remaining and 2 days of recovery. I finish my meal, then head to the gym.

I am at the gym, ready to get to work! I love days like this, everything is just grooving. I start off in my corner doing core exercises. A small circuit is the plan. First a plank, then side raises, crunches on a ball, followed by ball push. Every exercise went very well. The plank is hard and always will be. If it gets easy, I will hold it longer. The side raises where good, but I need to do a few stretches to get this to work better. The crunches and ball push are hard today. My abs are shredded to bits. Time for resistance training.

I make my way to the assisted pull up machine and set an appropriate weight to help me get 3 difficult sets of pull ups. When I finish I go to the lat pull down using a wide bar. Next, narrow grip pull down, followed by 3 sets of cable low row then 3 sets of dumbbell rows. I'm finished here, time to do cardio. I want to go home and eat. I head over to the treadmill, but I have to pee.

The machine is clear and I have to pee. What do I do? If I pee I run the risk of someone taking my treadmill. If I don't pee, this will be an even longer hour. I need to do my cardio and be comfortable doing it. I choose not to pee, I would rather have my treadmill. I arrive at my treadmill, check my shoes, and hit the quick start. Right away I feel like a rockstar. This is one of those good days. I am in the zone and ready for this hour. I listen to a little music, drink a little water and walk. The timer says 50 minutes already, this has been a breeze today. "Why not do 61 minutes?" What? Fine, looks like I am going to 61 minutes now. I pushed myself to 60, now for some reason I think it is a good idea to add another minute. The last 11 minutes go by really well, my heart rate is great and I still feel good. I am lucky to only add 1 minute. I will probably complain about this added minute tomorrow.

What do you think of the photos?




Thanks for reading
-Jay

58 comments:

  1. DAMN! GREAT job! I just started up exercising 4-5 times a week, hoping for positive results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! What a noticeable difference! Excellent work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posture is even better. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super impressed. I normally pass off regular exercise as too much of a bother and then complain when I don't see results after a couple inconsistent work outs. BUT THE RESULTS ARE RIGHT THERE! I think I might need to set myself up with a regular regime and do the picture thing as well, it must be extremely rewarding to see the obvious change side by side like that. And holy crap.. that tan.... I need that tan in my life. I'm going to go through Sam's beauty vids to find where she finds it and more details on how she applies it. All in all, way to go Jay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Jay!!!! also loving the manscaping, I am sure Sam likes it too. :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow jay you look great ! I'm also on a weight loss i was at 148and now I'm down to 125 I'm a mommy of 3 boys going from the age 6,5,4 so my belle stretch out alot !! Keep up the good work jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin good Jay. Great job and the results are so great. i agree that the scale is a horrible way to keep daily track. it just discourages you. I use my clothes as a reference. The loser they start to fit the better I feel. Also, I notice I have more energy, less back pain and less headaches which I usually suffer from due to being overweight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go and so inspiring. Ive too started my own weight loss journey. I said heck if jay can do it then so can I :) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking good Jay! keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Jay! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, you look so good!! Can't belive how good results you have after just 22days?!?! Your hard work is REEEEALLY paying off!! I love ppl like you determinated. you should be soo proud of yourself Jay! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jay! You look fantastic! Even your muscles are more defined. Your stomach has really gone down. You look amazing. Darn, men lose so fast! Keep up the good work. The motivation part is the hardest. Trying to get your head in a good place is tough. Exercise stinks but our bodies need it. I need to start doing something. I've lost a lot of weight but I don't exercise. My joints are so damaged & I can barely walk. I have to do something. I know I feel better from the weight I've lost. Like the spray tan also. I watch the videos every day so I can also keep up with you there. The most important thing is your strengthening your muscles. Getting your heart pumping even better. God bless you & keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you look good keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wooooooo!!!! Go Jay!!! You're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work Jay!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. big difference...you look great! you're inspiring. hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing work jay! you go glen coco

    ReplyDelete
  19. Obviously pictures are speaking volumes!! Your Will power and determination is incredible...and I'm thinking Sam is LOVING the new Jay! Love you and your family :). Keep up all that hardwork

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sam said it just right "whoa baby!!" you look amazing! You are doing awesome Jay, you should be so proud of yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jay, you look so good!!! :)
    All the hard work has really payed off, and just after 22 days.
    Keep up the good work, Jay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy cow Jay, you look amazing. Keep up the good work. Anyone else think baby #3 might be on the way soon?

    ReplyDelete
  23. In the words of Sam "You look like a real stud muffin!" lol. What a great job Jay. Your hard work and determination are really paying off, plus that smile on your face is priceless. The best part about all of this is the way it makes you feel and your well-earned pride at your accomplishment shows. Way to go!! I also want to say THANK YOU!!! I started a similar journey of my own about 2 months ago. I did great the first month. I lost 10 lbs and 12 inches working out regularly and eating right. And then I slipped!!! I was so stoked with my results that I decided I could cheat a little and be fine. I was wrong and the guilt I felt seemed to take away all my motivation to start up again. When I started reading your blog posts everyday you were the jump start I needed to get back on it!!! I've since started working out 5-6 times a day and eating right. The trick for me is to think of my fitness as a healthy lifestyle and not a diet or a quick fix. Thank you for continuing to motivate me everyday. Hard work really pays off and it is the best feeling in the world to do something that you once felt was impossible. Best of luck to you and remember you have a crowd of followers who are cheering you on!!! All my love to Sam, the babies and Moo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Your results are extremely impressive. keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GREAT JOB JAY!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woohoo! Go jay! Well done! You look amazing! In 3 weeks that's crazy! I'm 16 and from Ireland ( beside England ) my dad is trying to lose weight so I made him read your blogs and he loves them! Tell Sam that I love her and thank you for everything the inspiration! Give love to Phoenix and Lilly and of course moo! Love ye! And well done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow go jay. Im loving the shaved stomach. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW.
    This is just AMAZING!!!!
    Great Job Jay :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh! Jay you look hot!! (Sam, don't be mad!LOL)
    1. You lost so much weight!
    2. You look good tan!
    3. You look better, like way better, without the hair. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  30. "I choose not to pee, I would rather have my treadmill" LOL that made my day!! Great Job Jay

    ReplyDelete
  31. Woa! Amazing results Jay!
    It would be really cool if you did a "one month overview" of the pictures you have taken, so we can see how you evolved throughout every week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Jay you are looking so HOT! Way to go the hard work is really paying off. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh my gosh! your droppin the pounds so fast! you make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jay you look so amazing! Keep up the good work. We are all so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Jay!!! Doing amazing!!! Keep it up, so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. GOOD WORK JAY!!! KEEP IT UP <3 I BELIEVE IN YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. You looks amazing jay! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations Jay!! Your hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow, amazing Jay, you can really see the results!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  40. JAY!!!!! You look amaaaaazing!!! Great job. (:

    ReplyDelete
  41. You look fabulous Jay well done and keep up the good work we are all behind you ok every step of the way x

    ReplyDelete
  42. way to go Jay!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow jay keep up the good work ur doing so well ....

    ReplyDelete
  44. Jay, you look fantastic! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. You look YOUNGER! <3
    I have to ask, how are you educating yourself on all these exercises and fitness routines? Whenever I try to workout, I find that to be one of the most daunting thing because there's just SO much conflicting information out there.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow that is amazing you look so young and so good. I agree with sam your rocking it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Looking Good Jay! Now you have a Beaut body to match your beaut face! Keep on keeping on! Kisses to Sam, Lil, Mr P and Moo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great job Jay!! It is back to the gym for me. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dang Jay you are tan and buff and hairless, you look great. I know Sam is even more attracted to you. You have a lot of muscle memory from being a trainer in the past so you're going to get back in shape faster.

    ReplyDelete
  50. you look incredible Jay! you even look younger! your hard work is paying off so well! you are in the stage now where the results are really showing and you look amazing!!! keep up the good work and keep that silly girlish grin on Sam's face! i know THAT special smile is the most rewarding part!

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW Jay! Such a HUGE difference!
    You look amazing! Good job on the hard work!
    You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Jay, I noticed in the after picture when you are turned to the side, there is a shadow which actually takes away from the huge difference in how you look. Be sure when you take pics next time there's no shadow and holy moly you will REALLY notice the difference. Great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Jay, You look FANTASTIC! Your journey has been really pushing me to keep going! It's hard some days but seeing your transformation reminds me of how smoking hot i'm getting for myself, My husband & my two babies!

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOW.. Jay! This really is amazing! Well done. Keep up the good work, it's paying off! You're so inspiring!! x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wowzers!!! You look amazing Jay. I can't believe how much weight you have lost in such a short amount of time, I'm literally in shock lol. Keep it up cause you look amazing : ) If you look like this now, imagine in another month's time : ) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete