Thursday, September 19, 2013

Photo Update (Day 15)

Today is picture day. This is the first thing that pops into my mind today. I am very excited to take more comparison photos. I get out of bed and change into my jeans. I am ready to see if anything has changed. Sam grabs the camera and we snap a few photos. I am excited to see what these look like, so I load them in the computer right away. While they are loading into the computer, I head to the kitchen for my least favorite meal, meal 1. I grab the eggs, and some bread. Egg whites are cooking, bread is toasting, photos are loading. This is a good day so far. As soon as I finish eating, I feel the fire start burning and begin to get hungry. 

I am actually looking forward to the gym today. I felt like such a poo yesterday, that I feel the need to make it up today. When I finish looking at the pictures, I get on the ground and start stretching. I want to have a good day at the gym today, I don't want to deal with a cramping leg again on the treadmill. I hate stretching, I don't like it at all. I think it has to do mainly because I don't "see" the results when I stretch. I don't finish stretching, look in the mirror and think "now you look good from that!" I know it's extremely necessary, that doesn't mean I have to like doing it. I continue to stretch for a bit, watching the clock for my next meal.

Time for meal 2 which is a can of tuna and a slice of bread. I mix mustard in the tuna for flavoring. The mustard helps add a little flavor, with no added calories. It isn't something I ate before I started eating disciplined, but right now it is amazing. Meal 3, this is going in my belly right before I head to the gym, it's a half peanut butter sandwich. I love peanut butter, and could eat this whole jar right now. I finish eating my sandwich savoring every bite, then head to the gym.

I arrive, so far so good. I am still feeling very motivated and ready to go. I get inside and head to my corner where I have been doing all my exercises these past couple weeks. I start off with the plank. This hurts really bad, but my head is in the game and I keep at it for as long as I can. My mid section feels like everything is on fire. This feels good, it means something is working in order to keep me off the ground. I repeat this 3 times holding it as long as I can. I grab a stability ball, let the crunches begin. I do 20 reps, for 3 sets. That will do, because my abs feel like they are sliced up from the inside. Next is ball pushes with my knees on a stability disk. This changes things up by removing my leverage, and adding an unstable environment. I am all core right now, my hands are on a ball and my knees are on an inflated disc. I do 3 sets of 12. This was very, very hard. Pushup time, my feet are on the same stability ball and push. I start with 15, rest, 15 more, rest again, then I try for 20 and get 16. Not bad if you ask me, at least I tried. The resistance band is my next victim, and I do curls, with a back and shoulder routine in a circuit fashion. I repeat this 3 times. I do all of this in about 20 minutes, now I head to that terrible treadmill. 

Treadmill my buddy, you nearly defeated me yesterday, not today. I climb up ready for war. Hit the quick start button and fly. This feels good already, no problems, everything is smooth sailing. I am in the zone right away, I look down at the timer it is already half way. This is great, I am really happy to be cruising on this thing today. I think to myself, "eventually I will be doing 55 then 60 minutes, I should do 51 since I feel so good." I knew it, I feel a little good for one day and already making more work for myself. Well, 51 minutes it is. I'm not going to walk for 50 minutes, then quit with 1 minute to go. "Anyone can do 1 minute." The timer hits 51, and it is a success. Now I will be doing 51 minutes everyday, until I have another great idea. I hop off and head home.

I get home, have some oatmeal and think about how yummy it tastes. I really love this oatmeal, I think it is my favorite thing right now. I am finished and tell my wife that it is so nice outside and we should take the kids for a walk. So we bundle up the kids and head off to a great walking spot. This fitness lifestyle is giving me more energy. I am happy to have all I can get so I can give it to my family.


Here is my photo update, tell me what you think.
The photo on the left is the first day, the photo on the right is today.

 









Thanks for reading
-Jay

48 comments:

  1. Jay...i have one word for you: AMAZING !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look fab, you can see a huge difference already! Keep up the good work and keep writing about your journey I enjoy reading your stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! The tummy is really going down. However, I started laughing when I saw your tummy hair. I thought of Lily in yesterday's vlog and how she was so confussed by it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't know what to think of the tummy hair, that was so funny!

      Delete
  4. Great job.. looks like youll need new jeans soon or youll be doing photos in boxers cause not much longer and those jeans will be falling off!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you're doing great!! But you'll need to get new jeans, they seem to get too big ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Jay!! You look awsome!! I see the diffrence already. Very good!! Inspiring!! You make me wanna work harder to reach my own goales.

    Hugs from Helene in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jay! That is fantastic! I am so happy for you! You look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an inspiration !!!
    Keep up the amazing work! :) :)
    Lots of love to you, Sam, Pheonix and Lily <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Jay keep up the good work you look wonderful! Love to your beautiful family xx

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Jay. You can really see the difference. Keep up your hard work :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next week I don't Think the pants hasn't something to hang on to. I 'm from Sweden so my English is not that good... : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! such a difference, you're doing amazing and keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good on yah!!! That's amazing keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think you can keep wearing those jeans for much longer, well done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job Jay! Good luck the upcoming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amanda Culler9/19/13, 6:05 AM

    I am so happy that you are doing this for yourself and i noticed you seem more happy. Ill be doing mine in Oct.... I know i have noticed myself so sleepy but i do have a year and 5month old daughter which tires me out fast. My hardest thing to just do less of is choc. And pop and coffee drinks too. I think if i put it into my head to eat healthy like when i was pregnant that may help me along. Again congrats you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Job Jay!!!!!! Seriously so proud of ANYONE who puts in the actual WORK and Commitment to lose weight and be healthier! My Husband lost 100 pounds in 1 year. His before and after is on my facebook if you want some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok You look great But your not eating enough and this will result in probloms and weight gain later down the line get rid of all bread add meats chicken fish all veggies nuts and seeds its called paleo look it up my husband has lost 125 lbs and has kept it off because he is satisfied and gets to eat a lot just look it up I think that's what you need Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome Jay!! You are looking amazing. Hard work pays off!! Keep it up. You are giving me motivation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always look so happy and proud on your photos. I like!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! I'm speechless.
    It's just AMAZING!
    So proud of you Jay, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you all so much for the support. I really appreciate you reading my updates, it helps me stay accountable and motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow wow amazing jay!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so impressive. I've been feeling really lethargic from the 5 exams I've been studying for this week, and I haven't been able to go to the gym or do my physical therapy because I've been so busy. I'm spending the whole day in the library studying for my Bio exam tonight, but I'm gonna play tennis today around lunchtime to break up the day! Your post today inspires me to want to make time to go to the gym, so I think that I'm gonna go right over to the gym after my exam, so I can either run my frustration off if i feel like i did poorly, or run with joy because I feel like I did well on my exam. Lets hope its for the second reason hahaha!!! Great work Jay, and thank you for motivating me to make time to be more active!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tummy went down alot in 15 days. I'm going to show my husband your blog. He needs motivation. But he works so much that the gym won't be an option but he can eat well..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Job Jay! Keep going! I follow your posts so I can find some inspiration myself.

    You gotta tan though... too much white in the pictures... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jay you are such an inspiration!! Great job, you look fantastic! Love your style of blogging also!

    ReplyDelete
  28. such a great job! Love that even though the day before was tough you went back at it even harder the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW Jay!!! You are really working your booty off...i'm so impressed!! Thank you for sharing with us and showing us pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Jay you are such an inspiration!! Such a difference between the before and now! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have been struggling with my weight for years now, but you have really inspired me to make a change in my eating habits. Its really hard but not impossible, hopefully soon I will also be able to see the weight melt. You are a real inspiration... Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow!! Sam must be so proud of you. and i bet your health has improve a lot. keep up the good work. congrats for what you achieve already Jay

    ReplyDelete
  33. great job Jay.. i think u should put recipes and stuff of what you eat, and exercise tips.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you all for the wonderful comments. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  35. eliah curry jensen9/19/13, 10:10 PM

    Wow good job. Its not easy to get into shape its very hard but winners never quit and quitters never win. You have inspire me thank you and keep up the good work
    Eliah

    ReplyDelete
  36. The results are amazing !
    Keep up the good work ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOOWOOO !!! JAY !! .... well done keep it up !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Way to go!! YOU rock! This is when droopy drawers are a good thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Well done jay my lovely, you are doing a great job, your be looking like gerard butler in 300 in no time :) I'm amazed when I see the pic of him before and after, you should have a google lol No it takes a lot of hard work, and I take my hat off to ya

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow jay that is amazing keep up the good work !! I still can't get over the achievement you have made in 3 weeks !! Gosh !! :)

    ReplyDelete