Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Dream Body (Day 14)

This is going to be a bad day. I can tell right away, first thing this morning. I am not interested in a fitness lifestyle at all. I am over it. This is hard and I don't want to do it anymore. I then remember a picture I saw. This is what I want to look like while laying here. I get out of bed and realize  I won't get their by being lazy.
I made a decision, and I will stick to it. I start making Meal 1, egg whites and oatmeal. I know I am in trouble today, because my breakfast taste terrible. I eat my meal and it made me very hungry. I am in a poo mood and hungry. This is going to be one of those days. I will be fighting all day to stay focused, and motivated.

I need to prepare my meals for the day, so I get a bunch of yummy vegetables, chicken and rice. I cook enough for myself to eat meals for today and tomorrow. If you want to see how yummy it looks I posted a picture of it on my Instagram. Even though I am not feeling it at all today, the show must go on. I am amazed how some days I feel like an animal, uncaged and ready to get shredded at the gym. Then some days, eh, fat and unhealthy sounds fine to me, we all die of something. A fit lifestyle has so many ups and downs. My goals outweigh any and all excuses. Sometimes I am strongest, at my weakest.

I eat my meal 3 and it came from my delicious prepared chicken and veggie mix. This meal is so good. I wish I could eat a huge plate full. I finish eating, now it's time to head to the gym. I better go sooner than later, because I will find the smallest reason to skip today, like my headache that just appeared.  I get to the gym and don't feel very excited about being here, but I made it. I start off with stretching to warm up a little, then plank. I plank and tremble like it is the first day I have ever done this. What is going on with me today. I repeat this 3 times then move on.

Time for circuit training. I do crunches on a stability ball, 5# lateral raises, 4 sets, 10 reps, changing hand and body position each set, then ball squats for 15. I repeat this routine 3 times. The energy during this circuit is so low. I feel like my head is in the clouds. I would rather be somewhere else, doing something else. I can't really say what else I would rather be doing, but something else for sure. I finish my quick routine, now it is time for cardio.

Cardio, this is my least favorite thing to do when it comes to fitness. I have to stay in one place for a predetermined amount of time, sweating, aching, and going no where. The benefits of cardio are why I continue to spend 50 minutes of my life on a treadmill 5 days a week. I climb up on my same treadmill that I have been using each time. I am comfortable with this machine now and will be upset if someone is using it when I need it. I push the quick start button. As soon as I get going, I have to pee. So much for drinking all that water to help with my headache. It will just have to wait. I tell myself that taking a pee is my reward for 50 minutes of cardio. This seems a bit harsh, but I am afraid if I get off now at the 3 minute mark, I may not get back on. I already have tightness in my left hamstring. I must stretch in order to continue. I jump on the side rails, with the belt still moving and stretch my hamstring for a moment. I hop back on the belt and look down at the time, 5 minutes have passed. This is going to be a hellish 50 minute session. Time keeps ticking by slowly, and all I can think about is how my leg is starting to burn again and how much I need to pee. This is getting ridiculous. I hop off for a second time, stretch both legs then hop back on. I have successfully made it to the 10 minute mark. Already, I have been through so much. All I want to do is walk on a treadmill, is this to much to ask. My leg has stopped giving me issues, so I can focus a little better. I still have to pee and that isn't getting any better. When the timer reads 25 minutes I am relieved to be halfway finished. I have a new problem now. The first 25 minutes has been occupied with stretching, whining, stretching, and needing to pee. Now, I can't find any good music to groove to. I still have 25 minutes to go. I browse Spotify Radio for something good. I find nothing, I try 80's, electronic, rock, etc. Nothing is hitting the spot on any of the radio stations. I feel like I have a craving that can't be quenched unless I find the right music. I decide to make a Fleetwood Mac channel, and this actually hit the spot. It was groovy and calm. I have 20 minutes to go, a good channel and no cramping. I am looking forward to finishing so I can take a pee. The last 20 minutes didn't go very well, time was slow and my bladder is full. I did manage to finish and watch the timer hit 50 minutes. I have literally never been so relieved to finish cardio. I quickly make my way to the restroom, then head home.

When I get home I just want to eat. I grab that delicious instant oatmeal. Rip open 2 packets, hot water over top, mix, eat. This is my favorite meal right now. I ask my son if I can have a cup of coffee. I figure it is like a coin toss, he may say no, he may say yes. He says yes, I can have a cup of coffee. This cup of coffee is about 1 calorie. It won't do any damage to my day.

11 comments:

  1. Keep it up, Jay! You're doing such an awesome job!! I love the last part where you asked Mr. Phoenix if you can have a cup of coffee! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome ! im going through the same thing right now, my day has been poo. But this post inspired me to run off to the gym, theres no way Im skipping today ! keep up the good work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe phoenix is the best trainer, you gotta think your not doing this for you. Your doing this for Phoenix and Lily. Keep your self healthy they have a fun energized daddy.. good work Jay Sam is lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe phoenix is the best trainer, you gotta think your not doing this for you. Your doing this for Phoenix and Lily. Keep your self healthy they have a fun energized daddy.. good work Jay Sam is lucky

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great Jay! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work.. You will get there Jay!! You know what they say you didn't get out of shape in a day.. so ya won't get back in shape in a day.. It'll take some time.. but it will be sooo worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it up, Jay. You can do it. And you'll be even more amazing if you stick to it. Don't forget your body isn't EVERYTHING ... but stay focused and make your dream come true!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU CAN DO IT !! you have proven to yourself for the pat 14 days that you can ,, keep your head high ,, and be proud of yourself :)
    take care
    Hayley
    (AUSTRALIA )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, I'm so happy you didn't give in to your mood! It's so easy to fall off the wagon and you're entitled to feel that way! You are doing soo well, and I am very impressed. Keep up the great work....you'll be "buff" in no time!!

      Delete