Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Let's drop the dough! (Day 1)

I am 32 and need to get back in the gym. I feel focused today, so I start with 4 egg whites and 2 pieces of toast for breakfast. I feel like this is a great start to my new lifestyle. Now, I don't understand what has taken me so long to get off my butt, but I am glad it happened. Anyway, where to begin? I need a gym membership because I currently don't have one. What to look for in a gym? Well I need facilities that are close. Clearly I have been too lazy to go for years now, and I don't need another excuse. I need the most accessible gym in town to insure that I get off my butt. Google searching for gyms reveals so many, some with bad reviews some with great. I think I will be the judge of where I sweat and hurt. So I visit a few, some of the bad reviews are wrong and the good reviews are stating things I missed. The gym I found is open when I need it to be, easy to get to, ample parking, no front desk to ask me questions, and a modest gym fee I think. I've never paid for a gym membership so I think $42.00 a month is ok. By paying for it I am now forced to get my money's worth of accountability. Nobody wants to pay for something they don't use. I sit with the manager of the club, she shows me around, asks me if I have questions. I sign up with this easily accessible club and I am on my way to a sexy body.

Now that I am officially a gym member, I need to get started so I can get my money's worth. I plan to workout Monday through Friday and take Saturday and Sundays off. This is my old schedule and it worked really well for me. I haven't been in a gym for a very long time, so if I just jump right in and start pumping iron I am going to hurt myself so I take it easy. I focus on core exercises, stretching, and body weight resistance. The plank/prone iso abs is my first exercise. Wow I really suck at this. I remember how I could hold this exercise for so long and now you would think my mid section is made of convulsing rubber bands. I love this challenge but at the same time I miss being in great shape! So I humbly sat their shaking, continuing to feel like a fat weakling. I did this static plank 3 times and held it for as long as I could mixing in crunches on a ball.

I am finished with that finally, whew! I can't believe I am already tired and sweaty after such a simple exercise. This is so amazing, because now I know that in a few months I will look back on this single moment and be proud of how far I have come. I hope. Now for some pushups and I hope this is easier. That is my mentality right now, which has come from being so lazy for so long. The push ups are hard, not at all what I wanted but I will push through it. I do 15 pushups then look around for the truck that ran me over. I sit up, look at the clock wait about a minute then 15 more. These pushups are so hard I begin to wonder how I am even capable of carrying my own body weight around. I repeat my rest, now the last 15. I push 1,2,3..-14. That's good enough for today is my mentality. So be it, and I head home.

I walk out of the gym and feel very good. This feeling is a feeling I have missed.  You feel like what just happened needed to happen, and your body says thank you.

Now I am home after a short drive because I picked a close gym. On my way home I was thinking about the drive back to the gym tomorrow and thought to myself "this is a pretty quick drive." I feel like making myself a nice big smoothie with oatmeal, spinach, milk, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, honey, and peanut butter. What a great idea because I made it when I got home it was fantastic.

At the gym I noticed that I need some new apparel. I shouldn't wear lawn maintenance shoes and shorts that I paint in to the gym. Then again does it really matter? Who am I there to impress, so I ask my wife and she tells me I need some new clothes. Who knew? I got a few things from Scheels for a great price and I am wearing them in the pics. The name and prices are listed.  When we finished up at Scheels we are off to Sams Club. Upon arriving I noticed something about my stomach already, It's hungry.  So guess what I had? Hot dog, and a slice of pizza. I am not upset that I had this for dinner because I know I am not on a diet but simply making changes to my lifestyle.

I will be posting full frontal nudes along with my daily blog posts. I am sorry if I offend you or make you have an upset stomach. I promise that in time I will be much happier with the way these pictures look.  I am curious to see how I change over time. I plan to tell you what I do, and how I feel doing it. Starting a workout plan is hard and I won't spare you any details. If you have any questions or want me to tell you about how something felt just ask. This is your journey also.








A-4 Shirt Scheels $6.50 (I got two of these)
A-4 Shorts Scheels $9.99

Russel Shirt Scheels $4.99
A-4 Shorts Scheels $9.99

Russel Shirt Scheels $4.99
A-4 Shorts Scheels $9.99

Thank you for reading!

Jay



34 comments:

  1. You're handsome as you are! You look just right. Sam is a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever heard of P90X? Or Insanity? I would LOVE to personally coach you through these programs along with a group online!! iwill provide you with a meal plan to make it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great jay! It all starts with the first step. I am trying to get in better shape myself. The older we get the harder it gets but it can be done.to get motivated I watch the tv show called extreme weight loss , its good for inspiration. I wish you the best. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beofore pictures are a great starting point! Lucky for you, you have so many people wanting you to succeed and that will keep you motivated! Hooray for getting fit and healthy(ier) ;] <3333

    ReplyDelete
  5. stay at home mommy9/4/13, 11:44 PM

    You look good...Sam is very lucky and keep up the good work! You can do it and don't give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Jay! I'm starting too ,today I have my first appointment at the gym , I will take this journey with you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Jay....u Can do it๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its amazing your starting to go to the gym. I am also trying to get my butt off more and atleast going for a walking--working my way up to running and hopefully when i have more money i can get a gym membership. But its so awesome because now i can follow your progress along with mine =]. Thank you for more motivation. I know you can do this Jay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck jay. I have had the problem of loosing weight too, i feel like all my life i have been bullied for being tge "fat kid" in school. I am 27 and experiencing tons of health problems like PCOS, difficulty of breathing and i get winded easily. Reading your blog made me decide that i should take that step too to being healthy. Not just because i wanted to be physically attractive but because i wanna live long and do the things that i wanted to do. Thanks for inspiring me. And i will take this journey with u. Kiss and hug Sam, Phoenix and Lily for me! i'll see you in the vlogs later.

    Love, Hugs and kisses
    SHEENA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im starting at the gym too. Its hard but we will get there. Good for you Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, Jay! You motivate so many! Love your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Jay!! I've been thinking about doing the same for a long time now, and you just gave me the final motivation to get going NOW! We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck Jay! Well done for taking the first step! I really need a join a gym myself and now you've inspired me to get looking for a good gym close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Job Jay!! I am so proud of you for taking the first step! I can't wait to follow you on this journey! I love the new clothes you chose too! You are an inspiration to me as well! Go get em buddy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Shay Carl-ish. Was he your inspiration for going public?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have u heard of jillian michael's body revolution?? I'm doing it right now and it's tough but amazing and it's only half hour a day. Gym memberships can be so expensive sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jay I would love some tips. I had just started and lost ten pounds when out for a walk last week I rolled my ankle down a curb and tore some ligaments. I'm still motivated to loose weight in other ways. I'd like to lose weight in my arms and tummy before my hubbies second military graduation. Then two weeks later he's convinced me to do Tough Mudder with him its like a triathlon/obstacle course. I'm motivated and willing to learn as far as crutches and a splin for 3-4 weeks allow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you Jay! You look pretty awesome just the way you are, but I know YOU want to feel & see it for yourself. Keep up the hard work, we are all rooting for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish you good luck and courage!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jay, Congrats on taking charge of your health. I look forward to your updates. I am also trying to lose weight. And by the way...I love the way you write. It's very detailed and funny. You should do it more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Remember Jay, the first couple weeks are the hardest due to getting into a routine. Don't give up! Is there a Planet Fitness near where you live? If there is, I would go there, it's only $10 a month! :) best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job jay!! BTW I really enjoy your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck on your journey I look forward to reading about it. I too am trying to improve my health. Will you be posting some recipes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good for you Jay! I'm trying to get my husband motivated to lose weight, he's not even 28 yet and he has high blood pressure. Maybe I can talk him in to join a gym once again.....

    The best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jay don't put yourself down you look good. I am happy that you are headed towards a healthier you though. Good for you for taking this first step. I am on a similar journey, but mine is to lose some post baby weight (and some I had before baby). I will be cheering you on, like many others. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mr. Jay,

    I'm so PROUD of you. YOU can do this. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. I will be Tuning in to your posts each week. And I also will be praying for you too. Because I know joining a gym can be tiring and makes you very sore. But , in this case "Sore is GOOD!" Sore means your working that area to wear after a few times of doing "Said exercise" you won't feel the annoying pain after the 1st few times. Mr. Jay , I can't begin to tell you how Proud I am of you. I love you , Mrs. Sam , "Mr. P." Miss. Lilly Bug" and "Moo" too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good for you Jay! I started eating healthy 7 months ago and lost 17lbs. in the process. My goal was not to lose weight but to get healthy(But it was a nice bonus) I'm 48 and let's just say, things are a little jiggly, and going south fast, lol...You have motivated me to tone up! I think it would be cool if you asked your viewers to take the challenge with you. I think it would be a great motivation for all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job on making your health & fitness a priority. Looking forward to seeing your progress and learning from you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good luck Jay, I myself am trying to loose some weight & have a healthier lifestyle. Ive lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good for you Jay, working out just for yourself and nobody else. I myself (only 19) have found my stamina to be rubbish, but I'm to lazy to do anything about it.
    Maybe I should be as motivated as you to do something about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jay! I am glad to see you embark on this adventure. It will be exciting and encouraging ti watch and possibly workout along with you. I was hoping to find your height and weight in the post but either you didn't share (which is totally ok) or I missed it. Lol!! Wishing you the best of luck. So proud if you already!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jay I have been watching you and Sams vlogs for years now and I am so excited to see your blog and the changes you're making. It gives me so much inspiration. My boyfriend and I are planning on turning one of our rooms into a home gym and now that I'm turning 29 next year, I plan on embarking on a journey before I hit 30. I have gone through life skating by with a good metabolism....but at 28 with a child...I'm no longer skating but inching along like a snail. lol I look forward to seeing your updates, routines and food choices while I start mine! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete