This can be a vegetarian style dinner or you can add a little chicken. It is a light but olive oil based dish, so you still feel you are getting a full meal :) The veggies make it have a little sweet tone but the dash of salt and the herbs give it a very nice offset so it keeps its pasta feel!
TIME: 20 minutes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Pot to boil noodles
Large Non Stick Pan to cook veggies and chicken in
1 pound of pasta of your choice ( I prefer to use loose pasta like elbows, bows etc so it allows everything to be free when plated)
1 Chicken Breast
Handful of Asparagus
Garlic (fresh or dried)
Salt & Pepper
Get your pans on the stove warming and get some water boiling for the pasta (add salt and oil) before you begin cutting etc....
1. Cut chicken breast into really small pieces
2. Cut all veggies
3. Once all veggies and chicken is prepped, add pasta to water
NOTE: Now the time begins, you want all your food to finish at the same time and this is your starting point. The pasta in this dish, will take the longest.
4. Put olive oil on the pan and add fresh asparagus with a pinch of salt and a dash of garlic.
NOTE: If you wish to add fresh garlic it should be minced already and added with the asparagus.
5. Cook asparagus for a couple minutes, cover to prevent splatter.
6. Add chopped onions and chicken
7. Splash seasonings to flavor..... You may need to add more oil, try to keep your pan "wet" and add tomatoes.
NOTE: If it smells good, then it probably is good! But remember, you can't unseason a dish!
8. Check pasta for al dente.
9. Strain pasta, add to your pan of asparagus, onion, chicken and tomatoes. Stir together, drizzle oil over if preferred.
For a little something extra you can add pin nuts and feta cheese at the end too :)
Thank you and I hope you enjoy!