Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A.T.T.O.M Bagel!



This is a super easy dinner or lunch to make when you don't have much time! Kids will love it, as well as your wife or hubby :) I make this when I don't have the energy to cook chicken etc..... I thought I would start the channel off with a nice quick and easy recipe ;)

You will need:

Plain Bagels (or whatever flavor you like)
Avocado (if you don't like avocado, you can substitute this for cream cheese)
Tomato
Turkey (I used Sun Dried Tomato Turkey)
Onion (red onion works awesome too)
Mozzarella Cheese
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Seasoning

1. Get your Broiler going on the oven.

2. Get your bagels sliced at your local sawmill. No just cut it safely with a bread knife in half.

3. mix avocado in a bowl until creamy spread.

4. Slice your onion into rings, or mince them up.

5. Cut tomato like you would for a hamburger, coin shaped.

6. Put bagels on baking sheet with tin foil underneath them to keep cheese from dripping in oven.

7. Spread avocado on both sides of the bagel and toss onion at a hot dry pan until the smallest pieces want to burn then take off heat.

8. Spread chosen deli turkey on bagel.

9. Sprinkle minced onion, or place onion rings on top of the meat.

10. Place tomato on top of the onion.

11. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the tomato.

12. Cheese selection is optional but I like to use Mozzarella cheese. Don't be shy with the cheese, that is why you have tin foil underneath your bagels.

13. Now sprinkle, I do mean sprinkle the garlic seasoning on the cheese. You don't want to just taste garlic but it adds a nice pep to it.

14. Broil until cheese is melted and just starts to brown.

15.  EAT IT!

Thank you
Jay

10 comments:

  1. Would you mind letting me know what recipe you used for the lemon cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to, here is the link to the recipe:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-cake-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What other suggestions would you use instead of tomato as both me & my partner can't stand them!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay, So excited you started this. Hoping my husband will watch your videos and he can learn different things to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm-a-roo!! I'm trying this tonight for dinner...thanks Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Can't wait to try this!! And i really appreciate you guys (you & Sam & Pheonix & Moo) for taking so much time out of your day for us to see & follow when you don't have to! Love all the different channels now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS...I hope you always include a picture of your creations that way when i save them on my computer and print them out i'll have a picture to know what it should look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to try this with cream cheese! I have such a hard time "thinking" of new things to cook for my hubby and I think he will love this, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this blog is just a little pieve of heaven and making my life easier! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jay,
    I made the bagels tonight for dinner....I have one thing to say about how good they were and that's Will you marry me? Lmaoooooooo these are AWesommme! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete